Peachick colors help

ThatPeaChick

Hatching
Jun 10, 2021
Hi everyone, I’m new to the site. I am definitely learning a lot here. I have a single peacock, IB Black Shoulder, and two hens, IBSP and Bronze Dark Pied. This is my first year with eggs. I don’t have any background on my peacock and I may be able to get some background for my hens from the farm I got them from but for now I don’t. I have tried to research colors from these pairs and canon really find anything. I have some questions if anyone experienced would have time to answer about colorings of chicks.

Agree with KSkingbee honestly it's a waste of time to breed colors together unless you have a very specific plan in mind. All you end up with is IB looking birds.

All chicks will be India Blue split Black Shoulder, some will be split Bronze, Pied, White Eye, and Pied. But the colors will all be India Blue.
Thank you! Can I get an IB that’s not black shoulder? Mostly looks like BS’s but I have one that looks pied, two that don’t have the cream feathers, they are all white and a few that look like regular IB
Agree with KSkingbee honestly it's a waste of time to breed colors together unless you have a very specific plan in mind. All you end up with is IB looking birds
Agree with KSkingbee honestly it's a waste of time to breed colors together unless you have a very specific plan in mind. All you end up with is IB looking birds.
I’m here to learn just as several others are. I just wanted a more experienced opinion on some colors. I have 4 DIFFERENT colors. I really wanted verification as to what I think they are. I don’t get the impression that’s what he was saying. There’s others asking the same…I don’t think there’s any reason to make rude comments!

None of your birds are going to produce anything other than IB. You will not get any BS unless the hens are split BS which you can not tell visually if they are. I am not sure if you know the difference between colors and patterns, by your description you only have IB and Bronze, all else you described are patterns. Patterns are Black Shoulder, Pied, Silver Pied, White Eye. Splits to are usually not visually seen in BS and sometimes in Dark Pied.

Yes, I have read and read and read anything I can find about genetics. Patterns is what I meant. Just not used to using the correct wording yet. I seem to have 4 or 5 different patterns.

Back
Top Bottom