Peachick limping

Lostnbroadway

In the Brooder
Aug 4, 2023
Hello everyone! I have a 10 week old peachick that has started to limp on it's right leg/foot. No visible cuts or bruising but there is swelling. I am not sure if it is a sprain or possibly a tendon issue. Any ideas from you peafowl owners?

My one peacock has had multiple leg issues his whole life! Jumped from top of barn landed wrong sprained it. Took a couple of weeks and careful watching him to make sure he didn’t do stupid things again. Second one was a fight with a turkey shattered his leg. I ended up getting surgery on him leg splint and everything. Four drs for him to figure it out including the zoo Dr now he is healed with that but has had a limp. He has to be careful not to do stupid stuff again since he can pull muscles easy and so forth. I would monitor it. Make sure it’s not getting worse. If he is eating and drinking and doing normal things then I wouldn’t worry a whole lot. But if it’s getting worse I would bring him in to check quickly.

My one peacock has had multiple leg issues his whole life! Jumped from top of barn landed wrong sprained it. Took a couple of weeks and careful watching him to make sure he didn’t do stupid things again. Second one was a fight with a turkey shattered his leg. I ended up getting surgery on him leg splint and everything. Four drs for him to figure it out including the zoo Dr now he is healed with that but has had a limp. He has to be careful not to do stupid stuff again since he can pull muscles easy and so forth. I would monitor it. Make sure it’s not getting worse. If he is eating and drinking and doing normal things then I wouldn’t worry a whole lot. But if it’s getting worse I would bring him in to check quickly.
I penned him separately and made sure he was eating and drinking. After a few few weeks he is back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom