PEACOCK EXPERT ???? i need help ,,,

Pics

mettymet

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 27, 2013
hi ,,

one of my male peacocks has a pretty good size lump on the back of his neck ,,,i dont see any signs of a cut or anything else ,,,he's still eating and drinking fine ....not sure what to do ??
please help ///

hi ,,

one of my male peacocks has a pretty good size lump on the back of his neck ,,,i dont see any signs of a cut or anything else ,,,he's still eating and drinking fine ....not sure what to do ??
please help ///

Can you post a picture of it and how old is he? At this time of year, mature males will develop a certain swelling in the neck area, just a sign of their manliness, if you will. It couldn't just be that could it? If it's not that, then perhaps a bee sting or a bruise.

ok great ,,and yes i'll post a pic when i can ...that info sounds great ....i'll go tell him ...lol

Does it look like this>
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Yeah it is just a breeding season thing. During the breeding season the males look thinner and they even posture a bit with their neck making it S curved a lot. My peacock Alto likes to lower his neck and fluff up that back of the neck area to make it look even more larger. I noticed my other peacocks aren't doing that so maybe only the dominant male is allowed to do that...I have no idea but it is normal.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom