Peacock lethargic not feeling well but no outward signs of sickness

So sorry you lost her.

It could also have been worms. I would worm the rest if you have not done so or use the medicine that covers both mites and worms.

Again, so very sorry.

we are doing that
thumbsup.gif

I dont think they can die from mites, not at that age and not unless she was living in truly horrible conditions and Im sure she wasnt :) Im quite sure it was internal worms that killed her.... of course the mites didnt help her feel any better.

Ivermectin kills most parasites... internal and external, but you still need the other mornimg medicine for the rest. Treat your entire flock with the safeguard NOW and then in a week or two treat them all with ivermectin. Repeat every 6 months.

Please join us at the UPA forum.... link is in my signature.

Sorry you lost her. We have all been there.

No we have 3 other peacocks and they are doing fine....I would say it was a combination of the mites and worms. She was very skinny, like you said she should be if she had worms, we were just too late catching it all.

We are treating all of the peafowl and ducks and chickens for mites and worms too. Thanks for the info on how often you should do that. And I will check out that site!

Things happen for a reason, I just hate that a life had to be lost for that lesson.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom