Peacocks colors come in fully at what age???

wannabchick

Songster
9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
Northen Va
Good morning my dear cyber peafowl friends..
Curious, if my india blue peacock is about 11 months old.. I noticed his neck and chest.. are not fully colored in that blue.. their is still lots of brown to me.. and same with face area..
Will that eventually all change to the deep blues I see on grown india blues ????
http://www.texaspeafowl.com/images/blwe.JPG
Oh and I am sharing the photo that mini put up on another post about white eyed india blues.. you see how in this photo.. to me this is what an India blue face/ neck chest looks like

Mine looks nothing like that? is that because his coloring hasnt come in yet???

Thank you all

Last edited:
he should have at least the neck coloring by a year old. Is yours also white eyed? if so, Andy's right it will take longer for those to develop on the train. Here's a pics of a regular IB boy, a pied boy and an IB hen taken when they were all about year old.

IB male. Does yours look like this?
31148_dsc_0701wm.jpg

31148_dsc_0693wm.jpg

Here is another pic of that same IB male and a pied male, both about a year old.
31148_dsc_0696wm.jpg

and then one with an IB hen and the same two boys as previous. Girl is just to the left of the IB boy.
31148_dsc_0695wm.jpg

Thank you both.. nope.. doesnt look at all, colored throughout the head down to the change of colors.. I will have to go outside tommorrow and try and get some better shots of him and then I will post and share.... but.. I am confused because I also see some green on him... and I thought he was just an IB peacock.... so let me snap some photos and I will share with you all tommorrow

thank you all so much

Back
Top Bottom