Peafowl eggs

Sherry Rene

In the Brooder
May 6, 2020
Hello! I'm brand new to peachicks & have my 1st set of eggs in the incubator. I'm so excited to add these beauties to our farm. But 1 out of 6 eggs I can not see through to candle at all. Is that normal to have one egg that thick? Any suggestions for what to do for candling it?

Entreparadis

Chirping
Aug 8, 2019
Hello, I'm sure you'll have a more experienced member's advice soon, but for the meantime, I think you may not be able to see progress in the egg if it is too early in development or the pigment and thickness of the egg varies, but with peafowl, pigment should not be a problem as much. I would start trying to candle on day 7. If the egg is normally shaped and not deformed I would give it as much time as reasonable unless it starts to noticably rot in the incubator. The eggs were not likely hatched the same day and may have been exposed to different environmental factors. The incubator may also effect the maturation of the eggs if some are closer to a light or if the air circulation is bad. I hope the egg hatches for you eventually, good luck!
Here is a helpful Link on hatching peafowl eggs. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw0CDZS2I8kP9wkO-FjmOUsf&cshid=1591103014218

Sherry Rene

In the Brooder
May 6, 2020
Thank you for the response! I can see through it more now & believe 4 out of my 6 eggs have something going on!

Top Bottom