Peafowl Party

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Chicken Girl123, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Chicken Girl123

Chicken Girl123 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2012
    SC
    So basically,we really jumped the gun on this one. We bought peafowl before we finished their coop & run.:oops: Today is going to be AMAZING as we're on our way to pick them up now. Don't worry about the coop though, we're going to move the pullets / cockerels into the large chicken coop today anyways so we'll put the peas in the chicken rearing pen.

To be updated with pictures etc.

2. bemba

bemba Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Mary Valley QLD.
    What colours are you getting? How exciting!! You probably already know this but just make sure you keep them wormed regularly especially if they will be on ground that chickens have been.

3. Chicken Girl123

Jul 13, 2012
    SC
    At the moment, just a pair of India Blues, but we have many plans...many, many plans...[​IMG]

4. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    [​IMG]
    Please post photos of your pretties when you can, we love pictures [​IMG]

5. bemba

bemba Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Mary Valley QLD.
    They are highly addictive.... You'll have to have a pair of every possible mutation eventually [​IMG][​IMG]

6. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Buzz kill here... [​IMG] buy some metronidazole (Fish-Zole, Meditrich, Flagyl or API General Cure) just in case they get blackhead (histomoniasis). Now, congratulations on your new peas, you'll love having them!

-Kathy

7. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    Haha I might be about to do that...I might get a young pair of greens soon hopefully and they will have to be patient and stay in my small pen until I can build them their own nice pen. It is an addiction for sure...

8. Chicken Girl123

Jul 13, 2012
    SC
    I'll try to get some pics when we get back...right now,we're sitting in front of Northen Tools.:rolleyes:

9. Chicken Girl123

Jul 13, 2012
    SC
    And this is why:

[​IMG]

We really need new horse fencing.

10. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    You do know the grass is always greener on the other side [​IMG]
    Hope they don't hang a hoof in that fencing, seen a hoof riped nearly clean off when a horse tried to escape a hog wire fence like that, wern't pretty at all [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by