Peafowl Poop - Normal and Abnormal - Lots of poop pictures

When the peacocks are free ranging (normal situation) there are 2 types of poo ... like Zazouse picture, this is a poo coming out of the cecum (100% grass - vegetable) and a dry poo out over the large intestine ... dryer (grain - flour) .... i think !

When the peacocks are free ranging (normal situation) there are 2 types of poo ... like Zazouse picture, this is a poo coming out of the cecum (100% grass - vegetable) and a dry poo out over the large intestine ... dryer (grain - flour) .... i think !
Free ranging peafowl will still have both types of poop.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Is there some way to give this whole thread an ovation? I think it is incredibly helpful and it's going to be an extremely helpful reference for us when folks write in about "my bird is sick and I don't know why."

Great job, to everyone who's putting up their photos
clap.gif

These poops are "regular" poops from free ranging peachicks. All birds alive.

-Kathy

Last edited:

The feedstore I go to had six with poop like this, three of them died, so I asked for their bodies and sent them to UC Davis for necropsies and the necropsy report stated they all three died from severe coccidiosis.

Note the foam, foam is *never* normal.

-Kathy

Edited to add:
Just to be clear 3 of 6 with poop that looked just like this died from coccidiosis.

Last edited:
More normal cecal poops:

These are from chicks in brooders.

-Kathy

Edited to add:
All birds alive

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom