Peafowl potentially looking for homes

clumberfam

Chirping
Jul 24, 2021
I have a trio that I will need to place shortly. Black shoulder male and two BS females -proven producers that lay approximately 25 eggs per year. They are about 10 years old and I've had them since my friend hatched them. Unfortunately our situation has changed a bit and they are getting NO attention other than feed and water - not really fair to them. They live in a huge kennel fenced area (2 spaces approx 36 x 12 each with roosts and an 8 x 16 house). I'm not sure what to ask for them - have seen prices of $275 for the male and a bit more for the hens but would like to sell all of them as a group since they've always lived together. Those prices were from 2014 so are they still accurate? Whoever wants them would have to come and catch them (inside the pen of course) and transport. They are not tame pets, but are easy to work around. I'm going to inquire locally as well. Had a guy would would come every year and buy eggs for hatching - will see if he wants the whole gang!

any help/information appreciated. Not sure how you'd go about transporting the male with his huge train but more experienced folks might know.

When I price things, I price them according to wanting to get them moved. They are also not exactly young birds.
I don't have any idea what peafowl would go for in your area but are there breeders in your area that sell them?

Back
Top Bottom