PEAHEN CANT WALK !!!!!!!

FRANCO2

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 3, 2012
MEXICO guadalajara.
I HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD OPAL PEAHEN.TODAY I SAW HER SITTING ON THE GROUND AND WOULDN'T MOVE. I GOT CLOSER AND SE STARTED MOVING VERY SLOW LIKE DRAGGING HERSELF. I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH HER. I NEED ADVICE AND HELP

I HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD OPAL PEAHEN.TODAY I SAW HER SITTING ON THE GROUND AND WOULDN'T MOVE. I GOT CLOSER AND SE STARTED MOVING VERY SLOW LIKE DRAGGING HERSELF. I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH HER. I NEED ADVICE AND HELP
Could she be trying to lay an egg? If she is the same tomorrow you might need to gently catch her and see if she is thin from not eating. What is in the pen with her? Anyone sick? Listen to her breathing to see if you hear rasping like she has water in her lungs. What does her poop look like?Is it normal? Sorry but we do need some more information on your hen in order to help.

FRANCO, I had a hen tonight just as you described.She is a 2 year old purple b/s and I honestly thought she was dead in the corner.When I reached down she moved just fine so I'm sure she will lay an egg.If their wings are drooping,tail kinda pointing upwards thats a good sign an egg is forthcoming.Also my hens makes a diffrent squaking noise before they lay.

SHE IS THE SAME! NO PROGRESS! :/ SHE IS EATING NORMAL. THERE IS 3 PEAHENS AND 1 PEACOCK ON THE PEN AND OTHERS ARE NOT SICK. HER BREATHING IS NORMAL. HER POOP IS GREEN WITH SOME WHITE. SHE HAD ALREADY LAID 2 EGGS FEW DAYS BACK BUT AFTER THAT THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED TO HER.

You could try to give her a calcium pill. I use human calcium on mine, 500mg for small chickens, 500-1000 mg for larger chickens and 1000-2000mg for large turkeys. Laying eggs can cause something called cage layer fatigue in chickens, so it can probably also happen to peafowl and turkeys as well.

Hope it works for you. If it doesn't, get some gloves, personal lubricant and very gently chech the inside of her vent for a stuck egg. Also, make sure she has plenty of shade and food/water in front of her.

THANK YOU !! THE CALCIUM PILLS DID WORK!!!!! SHE IS BACK TO NORMAL
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom