peanut butter and chickens

Well, I would worry about it getting in their feathers tbh....

but then again I caught my DH in the back today sharing my PB cookies I made for him with HIS girls. Hmmm wonder when the little traitors went over to his side.... /sigh

Sometimes I mix it in with their oatmeal mash on cold mornings. The suet blocks I buy for the wild birds have it in them too so I don't think there is anything *really* bad in it. Most peanut butter has salt though so don't go getting crazy.
wink.png
I've never fed it plain, but that is mostly because I'm scared of what I might come back too--My son absolutely destroyed himself and a good part of the kitchen trying to make a sandwich when he was about 4 and I don't want to know what a flock of chickens could do with that sticky stuff.

********Are we talking about in the chicken or on the chicken???**********

in the chickens, like to feed to them.

If you want to hear chicken cussing give them peanut butter straight and watch them try to eat it. There'll be lots of beak wiping and grumbling going on.

Mine love the stuff but it's hard for them to eat. Mixing it with something else will improve that.

.....Alan.

A.T. Hagan :

If you want to hear chicken cussing give them peanut butter straight and watch them try to eat it. There'll be lots of beak wiping and grumbling going on.

Mine love the stuff but it's hard for them to eat. Mixing it with something else will improve that.

.....Alan.

Yep.
gig.gif

One of my hens stole a peanut butter and jelly sandwich one time, then wished she hadn't.​

Well I found a way.
smile.png
I took 6 apples, punched a hole in the center of each one and pulled a rope through them all like a string of beads.
wink.png
I then took the peanut butter and spread it all over them in a thin coat.
tongue.png
tongue.png
I then rolled them in a mixture of crumble and bird seed mix.
Took it out and tied it to the roof of the coop high enough for them to peck but not get on their feathers.
THEY LOVE IT.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

I will not do this to often becouse of the salt content but for a treat and to play with.
lol.png

Next time I am going to use a head of cabbage.
What we do for our chickens.
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom