Peas post your peas for deerman

love.gif

I was just thinking about Burt.

I must sell my original pair- the Purple Blackshoulder cock I hatched and the Blackshoulder hen he sent me. I have a pair of their chicks that are nearly 7 months old, too, and I'm going to be so sad to see them go.

Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying their birds!!

Here are Cherokee and White Lightning.  Cherokee is a yearling, I just lost his male yearling buddy, Mohawk that he was raised with to botulism.  Made it thru and was recovering, but I had him inside to observe, he had started standing again, etc,  then I went and burned some hash browns in a stupid teflon pan and in his very weakened state, he died of teflon burn lung poisoning.  I kicked myself all over creation due to that, he was a pretty emerald color, so I think was a spaulding pied.

So Cherokee has been a bit lost lately.  Has has developed a severe case of hero worship of White Lightning and follows him everywhere now!  Cherokee has developed a really neat personality, being away from his hatch buddy, he will peck on the kitchen window for treats til I make him some, and overall is just the goofiest bird I have ever seen as far as having a hilarious personality.  The other day a plane flew over and he just about fell over trying to look and figure out what it was. 

Here are a few pictures! White Lightning I was told is a 5 year old, just bought him in February.  He has finally been almost accepted by my other birds.

1174_008.jpg

1174_046.jpg

This is last week when the plane flew overhead and I had his buddy Mohawk out in the sun to help him recover.  Cherokee was so thrilled to see his bud, it breaks my heart, as now Cherokee keeps lookin in the house windows wanting to know where his pal is.  /img/smilies/sad.png

1174_185.jpg

Oh and I dont know the colors exactly, just know they are both pied, if anyone could tell me exactly?

Back
Top Bottom