Peck and Play?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Flutterbee, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Flutterbee

Flutterbee Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2014
    Virginia
    So recently I was on Amazon and I saw this thing called a Peck and Play (basically it's a tent your chickens can hang out in while out of the coop) and I was wondering if anyone has one and has had any experience with it. I currently have a situation where I can't let my chickens roam about just yet, so I thought this might be a good option. I have three birds right now (a rooster, Gilman, and two hens, Edna and Myrtle, and some chicks on the way). Is this a good purchase? I sort of already bought it. And is it safe for my babies to hang out in supervised (most likely)? Below is a picture from the internet of the Peck and Play.
    [​IMG]

2. The Yakima Kid

The Yakima Kid Cirque des Poulets

Safe while supervised - not predator proof. I think the main use is to keep them out of sprayed areas or garden beds. I use ours when I have just Neemed something or when they refuse to stop going some place I have tried to discourage them from entering.

3. Flutterbee

Flutterbee Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2014
    Virginia
    Yeah, my neighbor's garden is what I'm trying to keep them away from until the fall rolls around. My cage is 16x16 feet, but I would like for them to get fresh grass when they can. I also have babies coming next week and I want something for them to be able to go around in.

4. The Yakima Kid

The Yakima Kid Cirque des Poulets

That works - but be aware a determined housecat could break in and take your chicks if you aren't supervising.

You can also stake it down inside the run and use it to introduce the chicks to the older birds when they are large enough to be introduced.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by