Pecking is getting bad!!!!!

Herroyalhenness

Chirping
7 Years
Dec 12, 2012
Okay, so I posted earlier about my Americana, Clucky pecking the others. Now the others are pecking Clucky and my other americauna, Mercy to the point where they've lost feathers. I catch them pecking once and a while, so I know it's not stress. Clucky has a small bald spot about 2cm wide on her back by her tail, and Mercy has a big bald spot about 1.5 in wide near her vent. What should I do? Do I isolate them from the others? Do I pluck out the feather stubs to make room for new feathers (I assumed this would hurt them, and I don't think it'll help at all, but just making sure) or... What should I do?

You should get them a chicken saddle. It will protect them from any other chicken pecking on their back. You can make one, but it is easier to buy one. Meyer hatchery has some nice ones

You should get them a chicken saddle. It will protect them from any other chicken pecking on their back. You can make one, but it is easier to buy one. Meyer hatchery has some nice ones
Okay well what about Mercy? Most of the pecking is on her butt. Is there a cream or something I can give her to accelerate the feather regrowth

Back
Top Bottom