Pecking order help.

I had two chickens. A Coronation Sussex and a Black Orpington (i really thing she is a Black Australop and the gorl said she was an Orpington because she knew that is what I was looking for), Regardless, I just add two younger chickens, just starting to lay. (Black Australop and Buff Orpington.

The two new girls are lovely and never skipped a beat laying ever when they moved from their old spot to mine. Problem is the Sussex who has always been a lovely girl has turned into the meanest girl! She picks on the Buff a lot. She will run across the yard to chase her, she will peck her and grab onto feathers and not let go! She is not showing a nice side. I have only had the new girls for 4 days. What are your thoughts. Are they just working out the pecking order? If so, how long do you think it will take? There are 4 chickens in a 13X13 run and a separate hen house so I do not think it is a space issue

Well if you really like the bantams, you could have them as a second flock separated from the larger breeds. If you aren't that crazy about them rehome them to someone who is.

Well if you really like the bantams, you could have them as a second flock separated from the larger breeds. If you aren't that crazy about them rehome them to someone who is.
Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. It may not be what you would ideally like to do, but drumstick diva's advice (in the post above) are the only two good options that you have. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Whatever you decide to do about your bantams, good luck.

Pinless Peepers are plastic blinders put on chickens that are aggressive.

Here is a hen that I used to have to use pinless peepers on as she was a comb ripper and a human biter in her younger years...

Oh and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Hey thanks! I'll look it up. I only have 3 chickens but one is very mean and likes to bully everyone, including me and pecks me often.

I'm new at this sit I brought home a polish chicken and the pecking I order begins so after two day I put her in fence in bye get self is that ok todo

Back
Top Bottom