Peckster: male or female and breed?

Peckster is a cockerel for sure. He looks like maybe a Dixie Rainbow or maybe red ranger. Tough to say for sure, but he's not quite right for a New Hampshire or Rhode Island red.
Looking at pictures and reading up on it so far, I'm almost 100% sure he's a Red Ranger and I've seen them over there at the "farm" but only as adults so I didn't realize it.

Yes, I plan on keeping him. Actually, in reality, he decided to keep us and we just went with it, especially since the kids named him and have become very attached as well. He follows us around everywhere and even helps himself into the house if he thinks we've been away for too long!
Haha, yeah it does sound like he chose your family. Definitely sounds like he is worth keeping as a pet-- most aren't that friendly. But it's important to watch him very closely when he is around children, especially when he gets bigger. Any hint of aggressiveness towards humans and you may have to part with him. But hopefully he'll grow up to be one of the nice ones.

Back
Top Bottom