Pecocks?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by StrayMagnet, Jul 20, 2011.

1. StrayMagnet

StrayMagnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    W. Georgia
    Ok Hubby will think i'm TOTALY NUTS when I tell him but...

I WANT A PECOCK! or 2. I love them they are so Beautiful!

soo my question? Can I hatch a peacock or 2.. and have them live happily with chickens.

Oh goodness what has this Chicken who adpoted us started!!!!!!!

2. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Unless You Are Picking The Eggs From A Local Breeder .. Go For It

Forget About Shipped Eggs

I Wasted About 100 Dls In Peafowl Eggs From Diferent Breeders And None Is Developing

There Is A Lady Selling Some Babys At $15 Each Plus $20 Shipping She Will Have More On July The 26

I Rather Order From Her

Safe Yoursef Some Stress

3. Tiss

Tiss Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Georgia
    So funny (and greetings from W. GA )! Ever since my DH and I have been together I've been begging him for a peacock. Although, now that I'm up to over 20 chickens, I'm starting to rethink that.

I read somewhere that you should not house peafowl with chickens and the idea of constructing yet another coop is more than I want to tackle.

I need to look up your story about the chicken who adopted you. What a way to get started!

4. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    You should not house your peafowl with chickens. Visit the peafowl area here on BYC and read the sticky at the top of the thread. Then ask all the questions you still have at that time. Better to be prepared and plan ahead before starting to incubate eggs or buying started chicks.

5. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    Don't peafowl need loads more room too? I'd love some, but I don't think the neighbours would lol!

6. StrayMagnet

StrayMagnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    W. Georgia
    Quote:oh yes I wont be Incubating eggs for a while.. I need to get the incubator first.. and make up a brooder and find where to put them both, due to having cats and a dog. most likely the incubator will go in my master bath.. as dose everything else we do not want the kids, cats and dog around.. and I'll build a brooder that is cat and kid proof. and keep it by my recliner [​IMG]

I will read the Peacock thread. it woulda been nice but if it can't be around my chickens then no ty. lol. I like my Chickies.

My Thread about how my chicken adopted me is in the Intro's. [​IMG].

as for building a 2nd coop. I don't mind. i like to make things, or trying to anyway. Of course it gets me in trouble when it comes time for hubby to want something and says 'mommy can do it she's creative" UGGGG.

but I"ll be making a pallet coop and joining it to the PORCH COOP. https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=99419
    for them to go roose in. then mabey attach the other coop we got free to that for a run till the chicks are bigger, and yard is fenced so they can free range.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by