Peculiar series of events

Glad you found it.
Corid is mild and won't hurt her at that weight I would give 2-3 drops, that should be fine.
Then see that's she's drinking the mixed water. Sometimes when they are not well they don't drink very good and become dehydrated, you may need to syringe the mixed water into her too - that will be o.k. to do.

Remember, the vitamins come after you finish out your 5-7 days since there could be a conflict if they contain B1 (Thiamine).

Hope she perks up. Keep me posted.
I did notice her go right up to the water after I mixed the Corid in so that seemed to be a good sign. I’ll continue on with the 2-3 drops of undiluted as well.

I’ll remember to do vitamins AFTER treatment :) And hopefully have some good news to share in a few days! Thanks so much for all your help!

Oh, thank goodness you were able to get the corid so quickly. I, too, suspect coccidiosis AND she might be bullied off feed from the others.

Me, too! Our TSC doesn’t carry it for some reason and I think I made 15 phone calls to local feed and seed places to track some down! Drove an hour round trip with my kids. I hope she makes it 😂 it’s been a long day. I’m keeping an eye on her eating as well and taking time to pull her aside and offer some food. Those Cornish X are wild!! I put a small bowl of chick grit in the brooder the other night and they ate the WHOLE THING!!! Every pebble. Last time I put that much in there 🥴

I did notice her go right up to the water after I mixed the Corid in so that seemed to be a good sign. I’ll continue on with the 2-3 drops of undiluted as well.

I’ll remember to do vitamins AFTER treatment :) And hopefully have some good news to share in a few days! Thanks so much for all your help!

So I Noticed on my almost 2 week old chicks out in the coop with a mama hen that they have very “cocci like” poop that ran down and stuck to its behind. I decided to start dosing everyone out in the coop the same time I started the ones in the brooder yesterday. So today is day 2 for everyone. Do you think that’s good enough for the chick outside or should I drench that one as well? Seems to be acting normal other than the poo I noticed.

Back
Top Bottom