Peep (Chick) Pitchers

itsmechrissy

Songster
8 Years
Mar 27, 2011
SE Wisconsin
I recently got my first chickens, the girls (I hope) are just over 3 months old now. It's been so much fun watching them grow!!!

I'm also a part time potter, and recently made these "Peep" pitchers (hope the image comes thru!)... I've made these before usually give them away as gifts, these are for my sister. My teacher says I should create a full "Peep" line and sell them ...but I work full time and selling takes a lot of time, maybe someday though.

84109_peep1.jpg

Ummm Yeah you should create a peep line!!!! I would buy one of those. So totally cute! I have always wanted to learn pottery. How did you get started?

Last edited:
Thanks all...glad you like the pitchers! Flgardengirl... is that an egg that's chocolate brown in your picture or is it a Chocolate egg? I got started doing pottery abou 8 yrs ago, took classes at a local art center. I still take lessons but with a local potter now, and I do have the full set up for making stuff at home but never seem to find the time to use my home studio (maybe I'm I spending too much time with my girls? :)

That egg is from one of my black copper marans girls. I hatched out a little roo from that egg lol. I would love to take a pottery class, I was going to do it when I was in college but the class they were offering was all day twice per week so I couldn't fit it into my schedule at that time. It looks like it would be a lot of fun. Maybe I can talk my dd into taking a class with me. She is artistic and would probably enjoy it.
Do you have a really large kiln?

Back
Top Bottom