Peep disappeared

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by happymorrows, Jan 6, 2011.

1. happymorrows

happymorrows Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Morganton, NC
    One of my little peeps was not in the coop this morning when I let the chicks out this morning. I am guessing he/she wasn't there last night when I shut them up for the night. I heard peeping and assumed they were all there, but sure enough, my little BO x Dom was missing this morning. This is the first peep I have lost:( The coop was not in disarray this morning, no signs of struggle, and it is as predator proof as I can make it. The best I can figure is the little one didn't make it up into the coop with the others and got taken before I made it out to do chicken chores. Usually I hear them crying if they can't get it and catch them and toss them in. It wasn't even dark yet! I am majorly sad and feel like a horrible caretaker!

Here's a picture. Just looking at it makes me want to cry
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  2. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    [​IMG] I'm very sorry for your loss. [​IMG] We're here for ya [​IMG] I can relate, my first chicken was a bantam and we lost her [​IMG]. Well, I hope you feel better [​IMG] It wasn't your fault, your a good Mommy [​IMG]

3. FoodKillah

FoodKillah Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    Mediterranean Sea
    Dont feel sad get another one, you cant be more horrible caretaker than the people that own chicken farms and over croud them, you can go to them and save a chicken for yourself

4. happymorrows

happymorrows Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Morganton, NC
    I know I know, but I just always feel like there is something else I could have done differently! It was especially hard because this was from my first clutch ever with my first broody ever.

5. Oboistonquack

Oboistonquack Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2010
    Maine
    Oh no! I am very sorry! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. The Turken Lady

The Turken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm so sorry for your loss. [​IMG] I know how it is to lose a chick..I lost one of mine too.. [​IMG] Her name was lil'cornflake..
    [​IMG]
    (She's on the right..she was a serama..)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by