peeping on day 18? We have 15 chicks day 20! waiting on 3 more.

old mill poultry

Songster
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
I took my jerseys off the turner this morning I distinctly heard peeping just now. No pipping, is this too early? I usually will hear it on day 20. I candled last l=night and thought some were really close to top of air cell. Should i worry?

Last edited:
Just for an update. This morning woke up at 8am to 2 pips, just looked and we have another pipping and cheeping continues. I better get that brooder ready.

celebrate.gif
So exciting. I love hearing those chirps! Good luck!

Right now I have 15 chicks out, one is still pipping and two are just a let's wait and see. Tomorrow at 10am is day 21 so maybe they might still pip you never know. I'm going to take them out tonight(the chicks) it's getting a little crowded in there. I'm actually happy with my hatch so far so whatever else is just a bonus.

That is awesome! Where did you get your Jerseys from? I am completely new to this breed this year but I love them. Please post pics when you have some!

I lost two of the chicks tonight. I don't know why, I guess this happens. DD checked on them about 30min before and they were fine. I alos have another with a splayed leg, I'm usually not very good at fixing this sort of thing. She just crawls around.They appear warm, plenty fresh water and food, no marks like they were bothered with. I still have 13 big healthy chicks.

Back
Top Bottom