Peeping without internal pip?

Just to be clear, a chick can peep without internally pipping?

I've been hearing it since yesterday evening but candling shows no internal pip, yet. They are on day 22. The other few hatched yesterday.

I decided to crack them open and see. Both were dead. One had a dark yellow yolk ooze come out so I guess a bacterial infection at some point and the other one probably couldn't internally pip because it looked like the air cell drew way down on it while in lockdown. Not sure what caused the air cell to drop down like that.

I decided to crack them open and see. Both were dead. One had a dark yellow yolk ooze come out so I guess a bacterial infection at some point and the other one probably couldn't internally pip because it looked like the air cell drew way down on it while in lockdown. Not sure what caused the air cell to drop down like that.
Were the eggs shipped eggs?

No they were gathered by me. I had a very low fertility rate from the start for some reason so my rooster is fired. I figured up something like a 20% fertility rate. 1 roo and 5 hens.

I tried to do a staggered hatch with another incubator that I used as a hatcher so I could keep the few fertile eggs coming in but still my hatch is crappy. It has been a disaster this time. Last time I hatched the same chickens eggs with around 80% success and they were all fertile with only one round of eggs and 1 incubator.

Is it possible for a chick to peep without pipping internally?

I have 2 eggs that haven't hatched yet which I think are dead but no internal pips. I keep hearing a very faint peeping noise from somewhere. Maybe birds outside or I'm loosing my mind...
Yes mine did but wrong end n I have been waiting patiently for over 24 hrs

Attachments

• 1D21DC50-E231-4F9C-A981-FCF8A6EDBD8F.jpeg
    1D21DC50-E231-4F9C-A981-FCF8A6EDBD8F.jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom