Peeps Journey.

The first page of the forum. Incubatin and hatching eggs. Maybe they can help you. I hope so.

From what I saw last night to what I see today, it looks very different. And its impossible to get a good detailed picture. I drew on the pictures to show kinda what it is I see. The dark blue lines I did look black in the egg. Kinda like they are really dark veins but there are also red veins mixed in between and attached to them. I circled baby Peep. I can see the eye clearly and some of its little body. When I gently move the egg I can see him wiggle in the little sack. But it is not moving at all on its own. Yesterday it was having a party inside the egg and today nothing. If anyone has seen this before I'd like to know what happened in your egg. Could it be further along? Could it have died and if so why? I don't see a blood ring and there is no smell to the egg so I am not throwing it out just yet. I am praying for a miracle!

Well Peep is no more. :( I did so many things wrong and just found out too late. It was actually at day 14 instead of day 10. We found two more eggs at the park today. I just know know if I want to go through this again. Then on top of that, now I'm feeding two tiny finches that were flung from their nest. This really sucks. Talk about quite the test in learning how to control your emotions instead of them controlling you. I am so sad.

Well Peep is no more.
sad.png
I did so many things wrong and just found out too late. It was actually at day 14 instead of day 10. We found two more eggs at the park today. I just know know if I want to go through this again. Then on top of that, now I'm feeding two tiny finches that were flung from their nest. This really sucks. Talk about quite the test in learning how to control your emotions instead of them controlling you. I am so sad.
So sorry
hugs.gif
. Just remember without you peep had no chance at all and whatever you learned you can avoid in the future. Plus if you find abandoned eggs, you don't know how long it has been since they were laid. They may just not be quite viable for one reason or another anymore. You did much better than I could do (I've never hatched anything) and it was so exciting to see what progress you did have.

Thank you so very much. We go to the duck pond often so when we do see eggs laid in tbe middle of everywhere, we know it was onky a matter of days before they were layed. We took our children today to feed them and found 2 more eggs. I am letting them sit to become room temperature before trying with these. Last time i didnt. I found a few things i did wrong and some i didnt know i was supposed to do. So- Monday we begin again.

Back
Top Bottom