Peeps Journey.

Yes ma'am I have 12 zebra finches and 2 society finches and they are in a huge cage next to my art desk. Right now is their laying time. The parents to these babies were some of my babies that hatched last valentines day. Most new parent birds do that. I always find them too late on the bottom of the cage but I found these still alive thankfully and if I put them back in the nest they will just keep tossing them poor little things. And snow huh?? We never get snow tho I wish we would. I feel bad for all those outside animals. All of ours are rescues... Just can't turn my back to them.

Yes ma'am I have 12 zebra finches and 2 society finches and they are in a huge cage next to my art desk. Right now is their laying time. The parents to these babies were some of my babies that hatched last valentines day. Most new parent birds do that. I always find them too late on the bottom of the cage but I found these still alive thankfully and if I put them back in the nest they will just keep tossing them poor little things. And snow huh?? We never get snow tho I wish we would. I feel bad for all those outside animals. All of ours are rescues... Just can't turn my back to them.

Okay so your finches are inside birds the only finches we have here are American Gold Finches. and of course they are outside. That is awesome you were able to find these babies still alive i hope they make it. I have rescues too. Mostly ducks.

Thanks for the update. Still keeping my fingers crossed on the duck eggs and the baby finches are so little. I would almost be afraid to hold them. Keep us posted.

Dilexi and Amare are on day 6. I can see the eyeballs when I candle them. Decorus and Galea are on day 4 and I can see heartbeats. Polleo was a dud and was thrown out yesterday. I was hoping at least 1 of the 5 would do something. How wonderful 4 of them are
growing wonderfully!! In a few weeks we may have some ducklings
1f600.png

Dilexi and Amare are on day 6. I can see the eyeballs when I candle them. Decorus and Galea are on day 4 and I can see heartbeats. Polleo was a dud and was thrown out yesterday. I was hoping at least 1 of the 5 would do something. How wonderful 4 of them are
growing wonderfully!! In a few weeks we may have some ducklings
1f600.png
fl.gif

Four out of five eggs that's great.
wee.gif
Keep up the good work. I hope you hatch all four. That's a big difference in size with those finch eggs and the duck eggs.

They are doing amazing. I threw one out a while back but there is life in the other 4. I will try to get pictures. They are so active its like a little ocean in those eggs :)

Thanks for the update. That's great news you've got 4 still rocking and rolling. They are active little duckies. I'm rooting for you.

Back
Top Bottom