PeetaPuff&Gemima, the duck chicken.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PeetaPuffGemi, Oct 22, 2016.

1. PeetaPuffGemi

PeetaPuffGemi Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2016
    Idaho
    Hello! I'm 14 and female. I live in Idaho. I have 2 chicks, that are 4 weeks old. A leghorn, and a Cochin. They are both female. I also have three ducks. Puff, a white crested, Peeta, and Indian Runner, and Gemima, a black Swedish. They are all four weeks old at the time of this post. I like chickens, but ducks are my babies. I also have an Australian shepherd, and an Airedale terrier. In the summer, I might get a horse, which just happen to be my favorite animals ever. My dream in life is to be a large animal vet, and get a degree in equine and ornithid biology. My best friend and I have this wild idea of owning a wild animal preserve in Montana, which is crazy, but we're gonna try our hardest to keep at it. I've been looking forward to having ducks and chicks for quite a while, and I'm so happy that I am really starting to get a bit of a farm. I'm so grateful for the opportunity my family has given me, and while I might seem silly and wrapped up in a fantasy, I have high hopes for my dreams!
    I know this is a crazy post, but I didn't know what else to say. :D

2. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! Have you seen then duck page? You can show off your Quakers over there and talk duckies! Go for your dreams girl! The sky is the limit! Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy BYC as much as I have!
    -a fellow teenage animal lover

3. PeetaPuffGemi

PeetaPuffGemi Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2016
    Idaho
    Wow that's so awesome! Thank you! :celebrate what a welcome! :lol:

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Greetings and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre https://www.backyardchickens.com/newsearch?search=learning+centre and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
    CT

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens.

6. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, and welcome to BYC!

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, PPG, and :welcome! Happy you joined us! Best of luck with your chicks and ducks! :)

8. Athaid

Athaid Chillin' With My Peeps

It's not silly at all, follow your dreams :) I hope you enjoy your time here at BYC.

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

10. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by