Pekin attacked by bobcat 😭😭😭

Ridgeback825

Songster
Dec 19, 2022
Florida
Our poor girl was attacked by a bobcat about an hour ago and it managed to grab her neck through the fence. She's conscious and alert but in shock and lethargic. She has 4 punctures around her jaw and neck and the only vet willing to see her is 2 hours away. Anyone have any ideas or tips? We are so worried and she is our egg machine that has layed over 95 eggs in the last 100 days. Tia!
20230314_150927.jpg

I have her in my bedroom resting. She has been drinking, so that's good. I just feel bad about separating her from her drake. She's still in shock and in pain, I'm sure. No vets will see her within a 2 hour drive and I've called 20ish vets. That's very aggravating.
Sure is where is their compassion?

she needs to rest and have quiet the fact she is drinking is a good sign. If there is a way to let them see each other without the possibility of him wanting to mate then Maybe you could try that.

OK, wow, what a day. I ended up downloading the Airvet app and doing a televisit with a vet. He recommended putting her on Amoxicillin and Cyprofloxacin, which thankfully we have always. I just needed to go get a scale to get an accurate weight. He said cats are really bad due to the bacteria they have in their mouths and gave her a 20% chance. The bite area is swelling and her activity has lessened. I'm so heartbroken and praying our girl pulls through. I might put the 2 of them in a kennel together but with a divider. They are absolutely inseparable and she is everything to our drake, as he is to her. 💔😥
20230314_221038.jpg

OK, wow, what a day. I ended up downloading the Airvet app and doing a televisit with a vet. He recommended putting her on Amoxicillin and Cyprofloxacin, which thankfully we have always. I just needed to go get a scale to get an accurate weight. He said cats are really bad due to the bacteria they have in their mouths and gave her a 20% chance. The bite area is swelling and her activity has lessened. I'm so heartbroken and praying our girl pulls through. I might put the 2 of them in a kennel together but with a divider. They are absolutely inseparable and she is everything to our drake, as he is to her. 💔😥View attachment 3432129
If you get on the meds right away her chances are much better from bacteria infection
Yes cats are nasty
Poor girl
I hope she pulls through

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom