Pekin attacked by bobcat 😭😭😭

How is she this morning? I will say from experience and from reading on here for many years given half a chance and with good care, these birds are amazing at what they can recover from so don't give up on her.

I hope she is still with you 🙏
I ended up moving her into an extra large dog kennel in the garage with a divider so I could also put her drake in with her. He's been going crazy without her so I wanted them to be close, even if she doesn't make it, they can still be together for comfort. She's still kicking this morning and this egg machine even layed an egg this morning. I'm going to give her another dose of antibiotics this morning. Thankful for another day!

I ended up moving her into an extra large dog kennel in the garage with a divider so I could also put her drake in with her. He's been going crazy without her so I wanted them to be close, even if she doesn't make it, they can still be together for comfort. She's still kicking this morning and this egg machine even layed an egg this morning. I'm going to give her another dose of antibiotics this morning. Thankful for another day!
Is she eating a little yet ?

Our poor girl was attacked by a bobcat about an hour ago and it managed to grab her neck through the fence. She's conscious and alert but in shock and lethargic. She has 4 punctures around her jaw and neck and the only vet willing to see her is 2 hours away. Anyone have any ideas or tips? We are so worried and she is our egg machine that has layed over 95 eggs in the last 100 days. Tia!View attachment 3431812
Oh no. Poor thing! Do you have any chorhexidine 2% and flushing syringe? Those wounds need to be flushed out and kept open. Cat bites close and cause the worst abscesses and swelling.

Back
Top Bottom