Pekin attacked by bobcat 😭😭😭

she should heal from the wounds
The biggest thing is infection setting in
Keep doing what you are with cleaning the wounds and antibiotics
Hopefully she beats this
I would also try and give her probiotics
While my duck was fighting fungal infection it also caused her bacterials to elevate causing her to need more antibiotics
I was recommended to give her probiotics once a day as when they are fighting off infection they need the extra help
I found one on Amazon that’s for small animals including birds
My girl loves peas so I mix a small portion of peas and add it in she gobbled it right up
You could use the grubs and add the probiotics on them
I’m in Canada so I had to use Canada Amazon but USA also has it

Attachments

• 97EBD3AC-253F-46F6-913E-44B7114BA255.jpeg
    97EBD3AC-253F-46F6-913E-44B7114BA255.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 1
she should heal from the wounds
The biggest thing is infection setting in
Keep doing what you are with cleaning the wounds and antibiotics
Hopefully she beats this
I would also try and give her probiotics
While my duck was fighting fungal infection it also caused her bacterials to elevate causing her to need more antibiotics
I was recommended to give her probiotics once a day as when they are fighting off infection they need the extra help
I found one on Amazon that’s for small animals including birds
My girl loves peas so I mix a small portion of peas and add it in she gobbled it right up
You could use the grubs and add the probiotics on them
I’m in Canada so I had to use Canada Amazon but USA also has it
We cleaned her up with peroxide and Vetericyn and have been cleaning the punctures with Vetericyn 2x a day. The vet said that cats are extremely nasty and only gives her a 20% chance because of a blood infection. There are atleast 6 punctures on her lower jaw and neck bit she's been a trooper! I love probiotics and have been giving her some that we give to our fresh chicks, in addition to the BSF grubs. I'll add that to our first aid kit and will also try peas. Thanks for your positive thoughts and help!

We cleaned her up with peroxide and Vetericyn and have been cleaning the punctures with Vetericyn 2x a day. The vet said that cats are extremely nasty and only gives her a 20% chance because of a blood infection. There are atleast 6 punctures on her lower jaw and neck bit she's been a trooper! I love probiotics and have been giving her some that we give to our fresh chicks, in addition to the BSF grubs. I'll add that to our first aid kit and will also try peas. Thanks for your positive thoughts and help!
You’re welcome

That’s great news! Hopefully she will continue to heal and be her happy self real soon. Is her drake with her? They always seen to do so much better if they can see their flock
Yes, he's there but has a divider between them. I took him outside for a bit to swim but he kept walking around the run looking for her. It's very inspiring to see how much she means to him.

Back
Top Bottom