Pekin Duck Club!

Question a lady found a white duck on the side of the road and asked me to take it in my pekins are pure white but this one looks yellow white with its wings crossing over back what other pekin breeds are there?
You may have a young Pekin. One I adopted was yellowy, then cream, then turned white. He was probably a couple months old when I got him.

Here's a one month update. All the ducklings are doing great, growing like weeds! They're almost as big as mama now, one in particular is about twice as big as the other two. They're starting to get real feathers.

Here's a one month update. All the ducklings are doing great, growing like weeds! They're almost as big as mama now, one in particular is about twice as big as the other two. They're starting to get real feathers.

thumbsup.gif
so adorable..

Since you have crested did you do anything special as far as vitamins/feed to keep them from having any problems that can be associated with crested ducks?

My hen duck abandon her nest we have it done that they'll hatch next week. So I'm using a heating pad to see if it helps. I could only get 12 to fit on the heating pad the rest of the eggs won't make it. Hopefully these hatch. Wish me and my little ducklings luck.

Back
Top Bottom