Pekin Duck Club!

How long does it take for a pekin to feather out? I have 2 that are about 2m old & still aren't feathered out. They're so messy, but they're still lil fluff balls & I'm just wandering how much longer before they can go outside?
I booted mine outside by 3 weeks old.

How long does it take for a pekin to feather out? I have 2 that are about 2m old & still aren't feathered out. They're so messy, but they're still lil fluff balls & I'm just wandering how much longer before they can go outside?
Are you sure their 2 months old ?? Here are some aged pics of my pekin.

1 week old

2 weeks old

3 weeks old

1 month & 3 days

5 weeks

Woodstock was hatched beginning of Jan 2013. So he's about 9-10 weeks old now. He just went outside this past weekend.

They may only be a month old. They're big & fluffy. So once they feather, can they be put.on the pond? I have a dog house I can put down there. Tonight is supposed to be the last cold night we have. Id be afraid to put them in the coop w/ my rooster. He's a lil protective of his flock. I don't want them to get hurt.

here they are

here they are
If you dont plan to coop them or pen them right now, No then they should not be left outside at the pond. Without their feathers they can easily drown and freeze to death. If you want them outside I would have them in an enclosure until they are bigger. They are still pretty small and by the looks of it probubly dont have their oil grands working fully yet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom