Pekin Duck Club!

Can someone please help me? I found my male pekin duck lying on his side this morning he is feeling much better now since we bought him inside where it is warm but he is not eating only drinking water and is still very weak any ideas on what could be wrong?
Have you tried putting Niacin in his water? Does he have bumble foot? I think we need some more details on how and why this happened. Are there external wounds?

Mine are six months and not laying yet :/ but they did just start matting so maybe soon :-0 my duckies run free in my back yard so I am going to have a egg hunt trying to find there eggs :/

Last edited:
My ducklings at almost a month old or not friendly at all. Any suggests at all?
They will go through stages - the older mine got, the more friendly and relaxed they became. Just keep giving them as much attention as you can. Sit down and let them come to you. Offer them greens or frozen, thawed peas from your hand.

That's my thought, too. You never see females for free!

I know how you feel, because I don't want to list my extra males as free. I'm culling my extra roosters soon and freezing them, which kind of makes me sad since it's my first time, but at this point, I could never do that to a duck. They are just sooo much cuter. Haha.
X2 - culled extra roos and meaties but I could never bring myself to do a duck - way too much personality. I don't even like doing the chickens so a duck is absolutely out of the question.

I've noticed that my pekin ducks don't seem to like deep water. I've seen some posts about other people's ducks don't like deep water either. I think that's just kind of a trait for pekins.hmmm.
My pekins don't mind deep water, but I have heard of others who don't. I have noticed that my "regular" Pekin enjoys the water more than my Jumbo Pekin but when their deep pool is filled with fresh water, they dive and swim around underwater and seem to love it! It's about 3-4 feet deep I think???

I now have two that have hatched. of course i am at work right now, don't tell, so i am pestering my wife to kow what is going on.
Congrats on the new ducklings!!!

How long does it take for Pekins to lay eggs?? My pekins have been mating everyday... and no egg... :(
My girls laid their first eggs at 24 weeks...

Can someone please help me? I found my male pekin duck lying on his side this morning he is feeling much better now since we bought him inside where it is warm but he is not eating only drinking water and is still very weak any ideas on what could be wrong?
You might want to post this in the "general" duck forum to get more people to see it and be able to help. Also, provide the following information:
Age?
What he's eating and drinking? Supplements?
Any wounds, visible problems?

Just got my 1st duck/Pekin yesterday!! She is so darn cute! Also got a Chocolate Runner
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom