Pekin Duck Club!

Okay thanks.. i calaberiated (however you spell it) my thermometer. And it read 37.5 when I did the ice test. So that means it's 5° off so if I calculated right and I should have by incubator set at 99.5 then I should really set it at 104.5 since my Therm. Is 5° off RIGHT? This is my first time hatching babies.

If it was me I'd pick up another thermometer just to be safe since the eggs are so sensitive. those little thermometers for reptile cages are usually pretty cheap. I kept 2 thermo's in my incubator - a digital and a regular one. Both also measured humidity. I set the probe for the digital on top of the eggs and the other was about halfway up the side of the bator. it gave me some peace of mind knowing I had a backup if nothing else :)

Thanks everyone for everything. Sadly he didn't make it. His seizure got worse, he passed while having one. At least he's at peace now.

RiP Lemont. 4/6/15 ~ 4/22/15

Hi everyone,
I just got ducklings I Peking and 5 kaki. I've been doing some reading, if anyone can give me some helpful advise I'd appreciate it. I have 11 chickens that are almost a year.

I guess I should've worded that better, I have zero duck experience but I have chicken experience. Is there anything you would suggest I do for the ducklings or helpful hint what not to do

One of my 2 pekin ducklings, Ellie, quacked today for the first time, 6 times in a row (yes.. I counted
lol.png
) This means she is a girl, right?
Eeeeee, that is so cute. Love the sound of the quacking. I can't answer for sure since I don't own ducks. Someone on here is gonna let you know.
yippiechickie.gif

One of my 2 pekin ducklings, Ellie, quacked today for the first time, 6 times in a row (yes.. I counted
lol.png
) This means she is a girl, right?

I have heard that only females quack. I startled "Number One" the other day and I heard her quack about 4 times (she's about 4.5 weeks old now). It was a faint quack, but it was there! So, I'm thinking that's my girl and the little one is my boy. I'm like 90% sure that only females quack - but I could definitely be wrong. Like Julie Bird said, somebody will clarify for us!

Back
Top Bottom