Pekin Duck Club!

ok guys/gals I know this is not about Pekins but I have a prayer request. My mom got diagnosed Friday with 2 stage 4 cancers and was given only a little while left on this earth. I was hoping to get her as many prayers as i can. Even if you dont pray please keep her in your thoughts. God performs miracles everyday. Thank you in advance.
I will be praying for your mom and your family. Sorry to hear this.

Yes praying as my mom has just gone through breast cancer so I understand may you sense Gods presence through this ordeal

My ducks name is runty she has always been the smallest of the four. So I got polyvisol as I couldn't stand to watch her being so weak. When I was gone my husband got some minnows from my sons pond he feed he two and she seems to have parked up. I did give her the polyvisol and mixed some electrolyte soon for her and gave her three syringe fills. I really hope runty comes around. If there is something else I could do please let me know thanks

Hi just a few drops into there beak it comes with a one ml dropper. Thanks

Yes, I would do 3-4 drops a day right now and only provide niacin water, except of course for what they are swimming/bathing in. The swim times will be good for her to exercise her legs without putting weight on them. You should see some improvement in about a week but I would continue the niacin for all the ducks up to 12 weeks of age. You can probably stop the Poly-Vi-Sol after about 2 weeks.

My hubby and I are about to be 1st time Pekin Duckling owners. We will pick our 2 up in 4 days. They will be a wk old. How to set up their housing, food to buy and treats? Help please

I have 3 pekin ducks, 2 Drakes & 1 Hen who had just started to lay eggs, I have seen two eggs pushed out of the nest, does this mean they are not fertile? The first egg is 2 days so I don't think candling them would do any good! Also I would prefer to wait to collect the eggs until I know if they are fertile, but how long can an egg stay in the nest before its no longer edible?!? Thanks in advance for your help!

Ok thanks for her help. She seems to be coming around standing on her feet a bit longer still drop tail and not able to hold her head up high for long periods. I also give her some stress electrolytes. A few drops . She had a green stool today looks good to me no blood no smell. Looks like vitamins we saw her eating her food that I put brewers yeast in one tab

Back
Top Bottom