Pekin Duck Club!

I have three pekin ducks and i am doing my first time ever on incubating and having more i just dont know where to find pics of incubation progress for duck eggs can anyone give me an idea where to look... thank you
fl.gif

Seems to be the same. I give them brewer yeast. So that isn't a replacement for the other supplement?
sigh. niacin. not nitrogen. shoot. ducklings are not plants, Amiga. sigh. Thanks for understanding what I was trying to say.

With using brewer's yeast, I don't know how that would translate into mg of niacin. I think you could calculate it out, though. I haven't had to do that.

Last edited:
Okay, my mallard and pekin females are supposed to be laying in October, that's when they will be 6 months old. But with the day light decreasing in October. Will they still lay? Or will it be until spring when the day light starts to increase again??
It's possible that you might see a few eggs and it's also possible that they might wait until spring - hard to tell for sure...I think if it's not too cold, you might see some eggs in the fall.

My Pekins are 7 months old now. They aren't at my house but at my cabin. Are they laying yet because I haven't been in a while.
Yes, they are most likely laying..

I'd love to join! We have a female Pekin Duck and want one more female. We just adore her and spoil her daily. They're the greatest family members and I'm hooked for life on them. Perfect! Thanks for creating a club.
Welcome!!

These are my babies at six weeks old.
Cute pics - thanks for sharing!!!

wedding ceremony
So cute!!

sigh. niacin. not nitrogen. shoot. ducklings are not plants, Amiga. sigh. Thanks for understanding what I was trying to say.

With using brewer's yeast, I don't know how that would translate into mg of niacin. I think you could calculate it out, though. I haven't had to do that.
X2 - I never used brewers yeast because it was hard to gauge how much niacin they were getting. You could try 125mg capsules per gallon of water for a few weeks and see if that makes a difference. Just don't use any niacin that says "flush-free", "no-flush", or "time release".

thank you those did help out alot.... I am just hoping that the eggs are fertile... I dont even know if they are mating... i guess i will know for sure at the end of the month.

Thanks again

Yesterday as I was in my duck lot and noticed my male pekin has his curl!! Now my friend keep telling me it was a female and would not take no for an answer. I knew I was right all along.. so I have 6 males total. I hatched 5, and got all males. Is that normal?

Yesterday as I was in my duck lot and noticed my male pekin has his curl!! Now my friend keep telling me it was a female and would not take no for an answer. I knew I was right all along.. so I have 6 males total. I hatched 5, and got all males. Is that normal?
It can happen from time to time, yes, from what I read here.

Back
Top Bottom