Pekin Duck Club!

It may still be a full Pekin female the regular size and not Jumbo Pekin, My females are smaller than the drakes

Doesn't look mixed to me? then again hard to say with absolution. Does it sound like a drake? females are smaller..

I have found that the drakes I get from private breeders are a lot smaller than the ones I have bought from commercial poultry houses, and I have standard sized pekins. My private bred drake is only slightly larger than his hen, but my commercial drake is HUGE! The hens are pretty consistent in size.

He's defiantly a boy because he mates with my female muscovy and tried to get at my chickens when he escaped the duck run one time. Maybe he's just small? I love him to pieces anyway!

My Pekin male, Piotr, is about twice the size of my little girl, Posey, also a Pekin. She had a tough start as she was abandoned on a pond and was badly attacked by the resident ducks. Fortunately a good woman who lived near by rescued her and put an ad on the internet, and so I was fortunate enough to adopt her at about 4-5 months of age. She has made a wonderful life in my garden and is a sweetheart, sleeping in a dog crate in the garage at night since Piotr attacks her in the duck house. So he sleeps alone!

My Pekin male, Piotr, is about twice the size of my little girl, Posey, also a Pekin. She had a tough start as she was abandoned on a pond and was badly attacked by the resident ducks. Fortunately a good woman who lived near by rescued her and put an ad on the internet, and so I was fortunate enough to adopt her at about 4-5 months of age. She has made a wonderful life in my garden and is a sweetheart, sleeping in a dog crate in the garage at night since Piotr attacks her in the duck house. So he sleeps alone!
ah, I am glad little Posey got rescued and ended up with you.

Back
Top Bottom