Pekin Duck Club!

One of my 2 Pekin ducks, probly 3-4 weeks old, vomits up watery slimy clear substance sometimes when I pick him up. He will vomit like 3-4 times while I'm holding him at first. He doesn't seem all that scared.... And today he was doing it so much he seemed like he was almost choking on it or like he couldn't breath well for a minute. It has me worried. Is this normal or something I should talk to a vet about?

3 females and one male . Two females are 5 weeks other two a year old ! Please add me to the club

I'm a newbie, but from reading other people's posts I would suggest checking around your yard. Make sure she's not laying somewhere hidden like under a bush. Ducks are known to try to hide their eggs. If that's not the case than I don't know what the problem could be. Nutrition maybe?
As far as the mating, I would say if you're able to get another female or 2 go for it! I would introduce the younger ones slowly. Always supervised visits until you're confident that the older ones aren't showing any signs of aggression. I hope that helps a little.

My females hide them under the straw ! I have to look for them all the time ! I noticed they were getting eggs around 5 months

Back
Top Bottom