Pekin Duck Club!

Yes, I can bring her in but I was afraid separating her from the other duck would cause her a lot of stress.

Help!!!

I have a 3 week old Pekin duckling who has been belly down since Sunday. Saturday he was limping but still keeping up with the rest. Sunday morning he needed to be carried out of the coop. All my ducklings free range and have been for over a week.

I have him on stress aid for the nutrients. He's eating well, especially when with the group. On his own, he's not the best eater. I have him seperated so he dosnt become a victim. We have chickens free ranging and since he can barely hobble, it's not fair to not keep him protected.

I was thinking maybe niacin deficiency, but I held him up and did the leg hang inspection and he looks good, there are 11 of them, so I'm assuming all would be having a hard time, or at least more than 1 would show signs of the deficiency.

They grow so so fast. He was the biggest by far! There are suspect 2 other males but he still was a good weeks worth ahead of them in growth. What can I do for him? If he has a sprain in one of his legs, how long will it take to heal?

Is there something I could be missing with his lameness? In the pool his active and does his diving for peas with as much enthusiasm as the rest ...

Any help or input is so appreciated.

Thanks so much!!

Back
Top Bottom