Pekin Duck Club!

My jumbo was like this because of a combo a niacin deficiency and being overweight. Niacin tablets and a diet took care of the problem

He's just 3 weeks old. He's definitely not fat, I just think they grow so fast it's crazy. I'm going to up his niacin intake. Right now he's on stress aid to make sure he gets all the nutrients and then some of what he needs.
He is walking a wee bit better, a weeeeee bit. Not sure I can call it walking. More like a ground crawl :( but it's more than it was this morning. I see light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for suggestions and supoirt.

Sandy

Yes, I can bring her in but I was afraid separating her from the other duck would cause her a lot of stress.

Probiotics and ACV should also help. Mine get ACV every day and a probiotics sprinkled on their food, once theyre a bit older they'll get probiotics once a week. Good for flora balance.

He's just 3 weeks old. He's definitely not fat, I just think they grow so fast it's crazy. I'm going to up his niacin intake. Right now he's on stress aid to make sure he gets all the nutrients and then some of what he needs.
He is walking a wee bit better, a weeeeee bit. Not sure I can call it walking. More like a ground crawl :( but it's more than it was this morning. I see light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for suggestions and supoirt.

Sandy
Haha, that's the same age mine had issues.

Hello all from Pennsylvania.....
New owner of four pekin ducks...
So excited to join people that also have this wonderful duck...
welcome-byc.gif
, you'll love this place.

I'll definitely try the niacin. We put him in a tub of warm water and messaged his belly for a good 30 minutes. He didn't poop once. Got him to eat a few green peas. Keeping in the house to keep an eye on him.

Well, our little duck just died. Within minutes of getting him out of the warm water, he died. So sad.
1f622.png

Back
Top Bottom