Pekin Duck Club!

It seems there is almost always one that is a little behind and adding some extra vitamins may help him catch up. The niacin is only B3 and the Brewers yeast has B vits in it so adding some extra vitamins shouldn't hurt at all. Try them on it for a 3 to 4 days and see if you notice any difference.I would also use either or on the brewers yeast and Niacin ,  you could switch back and forth but I haven't ever heard of using both at the same time.. How is this lil one doing with eating . Does it have a good appetite interacting with the other ducklings?

He eats as well as the others drinks normal goes potty normal like its the same consistency as the others. He snuggles with them no prob he's active he likes his swim time all around normal I'd say he's just a little odd on his feet and his tail doesn't curve up like the others. At first he was on the smaller side which in hind sight if I would have been paying attention at the store I wouldn't have picked him but oh well I love him just the same. Lol. Anyway. He's pretty much the same size as the female now and she was bigger than him before. And both the Perkins are smaller then the cayugas. I'm guessing different breed different size and growth pattern. I have never owned cayugas before but they were just so cute so I picked 2.
1f60a.png

Also I have another question. I have the male and female Pekin and then a male and female Cayuga am I going to have problems having 2 boys when they get to mating age/size or will they be ok? I feel like the Perkins are pretty close like they are always with each other the most and same with the Cayuga so maybe they will just stick with each other? I've never had males before either. But I'm pretty excited to try and have babies!
2764.png
1f60a.png

So it's been awhile but our adult female Pekin, Jemima Puddle-duck, is doing great! She and her oddly partnered mallard Mr. Drake love their newly constructed duck house.

We now have two new additions - Thelma and Louise, two more Pekins! We just got them today. I have never brooded before so I'm hoping we are successful. They are so sweet.
[/IMG]

So it's been awhile but our adult female Pekin, Jemima Puddle-duck, is doing great! She and her oddly partnered mallard Mr. Drake love their newly constructed duck house.

We now have two new additions - Thelma and Louise, two more Pekins! We just got them today. I have never brooded before so I'm hoping we are successful. They are so sweet.
[/IMG]

Weird, it only uploaded Louise's photo. Here's Thelma:

Back
Top Bottom