Pekin Duck Club!

New here, still trying to figure out how to post questions. I hope this is right... so my family and I own 2 gorgeous Pekins (somewhere between 4-6 weeks old). My question is.. do your Pekins purr while being pet or nudge your hand wanting to be pet more? I can't find anything on Google about ducks actually "purring" or vibrating. Are they really purrin/showing affection or is just something they do regularly (without being pet)?

Pekin Duck Club Members List:

duckins-

Carebearsmiles

Apyl

zbraswell92

DenverDucky

Please let me know if you would like to be added or removed! Thanks :)

Hi, i would like to be added to the Pekin Club, along w/my handsome and beautiful Boris, Natasha, Gomer & Ali
Boris, Natasha & Gomer

Ali, I sure hope she is a she
Thank you

@stowle72511 so problem you may have with 2 drakes is there can be some fighting but if you have plenty of space where the underdog can keep away from the dominant drake it can work out. But having only 2 females can bring it's own problems like being over mated and both drakes liking the same female. [Too Much] it's really best for females that the ratio be 3 females and up to 1 drake.Then if one goes broody the other female isn't bred to death so to speak, when drakes begin into sexual change they are very aggressive breeders.Drakes can even gang up on a female in water and drown her. Hard to imagine looking at those precious ducklings that your going to have to watch out for the welfare of your females eventually. I love drakes but having waterfowl for over 12 yrs now I know how rough they can be. My drake now has 6 girls but even with 6 he still has his favorites thankfully one of them is brooding so she is getting a break.
smile.png
So down the road you may want to pick up some more girls.

Back
Top Bottom