Pekin Duck Club!

If you have a door on your coop and plenty of ventilation in it,herd them in an close the door. No need to put food an water inside over night. They can trash a place in no time:lol:

And as long as they are in good water proof feathers and it’s not down in the low 40’s an below and your run is Extremely secure where nothing can stick an arm through grab a duck by the neck and try an pull it through the fence(Raccoons) notorious they should be okay to sleeping outside but if you want to train them to lay inside then I’d close them up. And let them out after sunrise. I wait till 7:30 am now to let mine out and rarely find an egg outside now.

And as long as they are in good water proof feathers and it’s not down in the low 40’s an below and your run is Extremely secure where nothing can stick an arm through grab a duck by the neck and try an pull it through the fence(Raccoons) notorious they should be okay to sleeping outside but if you want to train them to lay inside then I’d close them up. And let them out after sunrise. I wait till 7:30 am now to let mine out and rarely find an egg outside now.
This is very helpful information! It was around 50 last night and will be maybe 45 tonight so I might make a door for their coop and lock them in.

I don’t mind them laying in the aviary because they won’t be free ranging until they both lay in the morning anyways.

Also, their run/coops are bomb proof. I had a neck grabbing incident with one of my chickens a few years back 😢 and I said never again. It’s totally enclosed in small gauge hardware cloth 👍

Also, one of the ducks hasn’t laid yet (and their owners said she didn’t lay yesterday either). I can see she has a floofy butt and needs to but hasn’t. Can stress cause egg binding? I’m going to try and not bother them today so they are more comfortable and hopefully she will lay. Thank you for your help!

GdMaR9fMVySokCdWO_Ay5iKQ3D52VgkDHU0XlfuK46EB35oLMHkQSd1gqdZMsjDnjPtgjlLmqApvSEmECtddY5FxY6qBLvFVgQGSJMVy7YrmSaam09BS1bq4Z2iYW-CBaMr3f3XTqBCCiKR9LzeD0VTDFrQrxXA_YFzoKM6tVWGV_1OBPQLOuJXo_3i7kk3380NU_CT4Xif6WnUXxywg8BguOZHfco8bBYo_swFLR02doJtQAZiSHPYmUw0CXwR7dE6MpvrXolSuBqAJliDrgNUP1GPw2zgNNLS2KgVlPyQi2KtDfpqjeV4-uGQjIpWuN4gF4WIrOADrWl-pYlsfm1JZLJkPU7TJvB1YEV8XeX_Jz3xHL8z_nZB7g1s34Rv1OYC4cS-kHyJSG_3_2UNxUQPcXuEAG4f5Yq_a2l81HIBDOCTQXtAPmrN5J_otLOiWQ0FWpKQ4JmJukzfEupkn5jGKWOiCnFaTqLjDBQygRLggzUrEs-Bfb2WhByjMmblHzeJ4gpHDYQni1fN25cZawyfJgeTy_uluBFlS_xhTaegLNoC7v7Pvw82nKkmlT1XLmQ8WFbV74vIOtrtHME3CJOMhyKu9KBcIrnMWwVsNL-i2aXarvm9ZuP22MsFZMdtatSvi9inh03OAD4QiyN_itg_OqiW8SaizyFk0Z1H0djEVBgd6qz141uc79gj3Dw=w708-h943-no

Here are my boys! Two are Pekins, the black and white one is 1/2 Pekin 1/2 Cayuga, the Silver Appleyard-looking one is 3/4 Pekin and 1/4 Cayuga, and the brown girls are just Mallards. I'm not a fan of extended white, but I love Pekin crosses. You have no idea what's gonna hatch out each year!

Back
Top Bottom