Pekin Duck Mandible question

Hey, can i ask you something unrelated?
I was swimming with Sherman yesterday, and he for the first time started doing this thing where his head got real low, almost sticking his but in the air, then all of a sudden he
dove to the bottom and swam around my legs 2 times. It was amzaing, but hes never done anything like that before!!

Flirting.

wink.png

Really? I thought maybe that's what it was, but thought that would be quite audacious of me to think so..
So he is just coming to that part of his life I'm imagining...He is quite the flirty man. did it again today!

So can I ask you guys, if Sherman IS in fact a female, do all your comments still apply, as far as the flirtation, or reason he did what he did?

When I read your comment about him (well, her!) flattening out, stretching out the neck and diving under you I immediately thought 'that's female behaviour'. Then I read further about the egg. And that's also definitely female behaviour!!
lol.png
The flattening out is female flirting...she is inviting you to, well, climb abaord!! That kind of behaviour is also excitement-related. She is feeling happy, flirty and is having fun
smile.png

Your relationship with her sounds absolutely lovely. You are obviously great buddies!

Thank you so much, he / she is amazing, and has changed many lives.
She laid another egg last night, thought it looked interesting!

A bit of an odd one but that's not unusual for a young duck just starting to lay. It takes a little while for the system to co-ordinate itself so everything is working 100%. Things should settle down over the next week or two :)

Back
Top Bottom