Pekin Duck squinting eyes

chloeb67

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2021
My duck has its eyes quite squinted, they aren’t infected or foamy just a bit squinted. last time this happened she was ill, but he was fine a day later. I usually have many problems with my pekins but they are fine a day later. i am just worried. She hasn’t layed in 2 days so i don’t know if it’s that or not bc it’s winter time. She turned one year a couple days ago. Her quack is turning quite deep and her wings are twitching a bit, no limping just seems tired and when i let her out for a roam she just drinks out her pool. Should i be worried or does she just need to lay or she’s tired?

@chloeb67 is this the same duck you think has something stuck? Can you tell if she is pulsing her vent like she needs to lay? Can you post a picture of her face so we can see her eyes?
Taking time off from laying is a good thing, they can get depleted from calcium so their body has to take a rest to restore the calcium for strong egg shells.

Last edited:
@chloeb67 is this the same duck you think has something stuck? Can you tell if she is pulsing her vent like she needs to lay? Can you post a picture of her face so we can see her eyes?
Taking time off from laying is a goo0d thing, they can get depleted from calcium so their body has to take a rest to restore the calcium for strong egg shells. I’m pretty sure he’s got something scratching his throat or it still could be the egg.

Attachments

• 0876FD4F-A9E2-4389-9202-502DD215D337.jpeg
    0876FD4F-A9E2-4389-9202-502DD215D337.jpeg
    346.8 KB · Views: 26
Explain what you mean by it could still be the egg? Is this the same duck from your other thread?
Yes it is, i mean he could still have an egg stuck as he hasn’t layed but i’m not sure if it is that or he’s got something stuck in his throat.

You calling this duck he drakes don't lay. If this is a female then my rec would be to get some Calcium Gluconate TSC carries one and it will say injectable but we use it orally, 1 ml over a really tasty treat if not eating then you can give it by mouth. Calcium Gluconate works to get a stuck egg moving. Is your duck coughing like trying to dislodge something?

You calling this duck he drakes don't lay. If this is a female then my rec would be to get some Calcium Gluconate TSC carries one and it will say injectable but we use it orally, 1 ml over a really tasty treat if not eating then you can give it by mouth. Calcium Gluconate works to get a stuck egg moving. Is your duck coughing like trying to dislodge something?
He sadly passed away in my arms, he had a heart attack.

Back
Top Bottom