Pekin duck stopped walking flops around healthy otherwise

Unfortunately for sunshine the duck she was not improving, or walking. I started poultry drench as well as the b bitamins, she was responding well to it mentally but she got worse legs turning in and unable to walk so I put her down last night. Thanks for all the help.

Unknown cause of ailment so not known what else could have been done

Unfortunately for sunshine the duck she was not improving, or walking. I started poultry drench as well as the b bitamins, she was responding well to it mentally but she got worse legs turning in and unable to walk so I put her down last night. Thanks for all the help.

Unknown cause of ailment so not known what else could have been done
I'm sorry for your loss and admire the fight you both put in to getting her through it. :hugs

I'm sorry for your loss and admire the fight you both put in to getting her through it. :hugs
Thank you, its not easy making the call after 15 and a half weeks of hand rearing and daily interaction is tough. But its better to do it quick and humane than let her continue. She had to use her beak to get her balance and the legs were tucked and crooked. Even swimming became a chore. Sad.

Thank you again

Back
Top Bottom