Pekin Duck Suddenly Can't Walk

Might be worth trying some Cosequin with MSM and see if that will help. Maybe buy a small bottle just to try it. I used it on my Muscovy drake who got a limp for a leg injury from fighting with my gander. He had limped for close to a year but after he was started on the Cosequin with MSM he stopped limping. He weighed close to 15 lb and I gave him a half tablespoon over some dry dog food softened with warm water he loved Dog food.

I've been dealing with something similar in my 3 year old pekin. Last year she started to slow down and I took her to the vet, she was diagnosed with arthritis. We gave her meloxicam and it helped a bit but she didnt have crazy improvements. A few weeks ago she basically woke up and couldn't walk anymore. I took her back to the vet and she has an infection in her joints. She uses her wings to get around and unfortunately with antibiotics isn't showing improvement. We just upped her dose yesterday and will give it one more week to see - but if this doesn't help our vet recommended euthanizing her.

Back
Top Bottom