Pekin Duckling born with head split open

Wow well this little ducky is lucky to have you then. This little guy was born into the right hands for sure. I have a good feeling about this. As bad as the head looks have a feeling it can pull through. Even if it doesnt make it you did all you could, and the number one thing here is that you didnt want to cull it. I could never cull anything and I see way too many people jump to that so I give you props! Keep us updated.

Quote:
Unless you're very close to me, you can't tell that the entire right side of my face was gone. The holes that I had are completely covered and new skin has grown over them. They were horrific injuries and all I did was fall down 14 stairs. It almost cost me my life.

Well the little one is doing great today! He's no longer by himself, he has another small Runner duckling with him that was born with a bum leg. It looks like the leg was tucked strangely under it so we're going to help it exercise it and maybe it'll be fine. The two of them are curled up together with a stuffed bunny and eating and drinking like everything is fine.

As long as we can combat infection, which is what we have to be careful of the most, I think he's going to be okay.

But we'll see.

Laurie

Back
Top Bottom