Pekin duckling problem

Yes it did but I gave him a bath after seeing it and gave him another one today.
I gone back in to check up on him and he is now re fluffed back up to normal.
He must have gotten to wet.
lol.png
Good!

how do I keep them from trying to take a bath in the drinking water because right after I cleaned it they got it Soaked I think that's what's causing them to get this way.

how do I keep them from trying to take a bath in the drinking water because right after I cleaned it they got it Soaked I think that's what's causing them to get this way.
All the ducks I've ever owned always dirty up the water. But then again they're water fowl! I would just change it as needed, b/c there's not really anyway to stop them from swimming. :)

All the ducks I've ever owned always dirty up the water. But then again they're water fowl! I would just change it as needed, b/c there's not really anyway to stop them from swimming. :)

Its the beading they are soaking and than they lay on it and soaking them selves not to menschen the smell.
And yes I use cider chips in the bottom to cut down on the smell.

Its the beading they are soaking and than they lay on it and soaking them selves not to menschen the smell.
And yes I use cider chips in the bottom to cut down on the smell.
I've heard cider chips are poisonous to chickens don't know about ducks (just a heads up). At the feed store I work at we use ABL pellet bedding for the ducks. Helps a little.

I've heard cider chips are poisonous to chickens don't know about ducks (just a heads up). At the feed store I work at we use ABL pellet bedding for the ducks. Helps a little.

Thanks for the heads up I been thinking of changing to straw but I will see about the pellets.

Lots of ideas on here for keeping their "drinking/swimming" area in one spot and the bedding dry---- I used a 9x13cake pan, with a matching sized cooling rack on top---placed two small cat dishes full of water on top of there for them to splash about as they please, the water/muck falls below and bedding stays dry....now that mine are older (just 3 weeks later) Ive swapped to a larger tupperware tote, with river rock on the bottom for them to really splash about in....does get a little more soggy around the edges but not to bad.

Back
Top Bottom