Pekin Ducklings going down at nights

spolex

Chirping
Mar 30, 2020
Everyone,

IMG_20200330_090945.jpg

I want to share with you an issue we noticed since I didn't find anything related looking around the forum though I found some useful threads. We got three little Pekin las weekend from TSC. They were doing well until yesterday one of them started going down at night. It ate very little and moved slowly like it lost the whole energy. We spent last night feeding the duckling and this morning seemed better. However, two hours ago went down again. The ducklings are eating Purina starter enriched with Niacine. They are indoor under a hot lamp between 75-80 F.

Any advice will be appreciate.

Thanks!

Let me just ssay your inside brooder box is impressive.

For the one that is going down as you discribe it. It might not be getting enough niacin. You may need to run to tsc and get the liquid b cattle injectable to give it on some treats to help it. It has more than just niacin and it is concentrated. It should help give a pick me up to the little guy.

You might also want to pick up some nutra-drench while you are there as well it is a another vitamin mix that can help with birds having issues. and add it into the water for a few days once a day.

Let me just ssay your inside brooder box is impressive.

For the one that is going down as you discribe it. It might not be getting enough niacin. You may need to run to tsc and get the liquid b cattle injectable to give it on some treats to help it. It has more than just niacin and it is concentrated. It should help give a pick me up to the little guy.

You might also want to pick up some nutra-drench while you are there as well it is a another vitamin mix that can help with birds having issues. and add it into the water for a few days once a day.
Oh, thanks for the advice I wasn't thinking to give them extra shoot of Niacine but we will follow your recommendation and give it a try.

About the indoor box...it's been a lot of time inside the house. So, I build by myself to stay distracted :)
I will recycle it as a coop when the time is coming.

Oh, thanks for the advice I wasn't thinking to give them extra shoot of Niacine but we will follow your recommendation and give it a try.

About the indoor box...it's been a lot of time inside the house. So, I build by myself to stay distracted :)
I will recycle it as a coop when the time is coming.
Some proeats come out awesome! I think it should make a good coop if you put a nice run around it.

I like wise started a project but mine is outside and I don’t think it will look as nice as yours. Plus I got rained out chunks of the last three days.

on the niacin, you can have one that burns through it faster than the others. You will feed that stuff orally through, about 1 ml a day split up across the day for about a week usually fixes it. It is similar to how some people might need higher iron but another person who eats exactly the same gets the right amount.

They are doing great. Eating, drinking and growing incredibly fast. Thanks for asking @Miss Lydia.
Can I ask if you know what is they normal breathing rhythm? Just curious why they seem breath fast and even intense sometime. I wouldn’t say heavy but intense.
8B9EEE56-4FBB-45EC-9795-04B107EA8F31.jpeg

Pekins seem be be the ones that do this. Sometimes it’s too warm but I think it’s mainly just the breed. @MasterOfClucker has Pekins. That’s great I love your brooder set up. Are you going to go get a few more to add to those cuties? What is your bedding? And did you get some liquid b complex for their fast growing legs?

Back
Top Bottom