Pekin feed questions

Disturbed742

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 18, 2014
Indiana
Question: I had read on line that chicken starter feed is bad for my ducks and could be harmful but on another site it says that it is ok to feed them this feed so what should I feed them.

I have atm 4 full grown pekin female's and just bought 4 baby ducklings and thinking about getting another 4 do to the lack of a drake and was looking to get my flock bigger so what type of feed should I feed my ducks?

I have the new ducks in an out side cage with 2 chicks as I know they will along just fine as I pined my older ducks in with the chickens over the winter.

If I don't use flock raiser, I use a non medicated chick starter for my little ones. Then once they move outside, adults and new ones are fed the flock raiser or chick starter until the littlest ones are about 20 weeks and they all go back to layer feed. The sooner I can get them all on pellets, the better. I hate the mess of crumbles!

If I don't use flock raiser, I use a non medicated chick starter for my little ones. Then once they move outside, adults and new ones are fed the flock raiser or chick starter until the littlest ones are about 20 weeks and they all go back to layer feed. The sooner I can get them all on pellets, the better. I hate the mess of crumbles!

I thought about picking up a bag of the crumble.
I have been reading on the forums here I might what to check out the local feed store and see if he cares feed for ducks that I could use for my little guys.
And something that will not heart my chicks either as they are in the same pen and eating the same feed.

Now on the feed I am using its from rowe nutrition LLC
And I don't see on the tag medication's in the ingredients so would it still be safe for both?

Back
Top Bottom