pekin gender question

Ahhh, the first "accidental" quack! Congratulations, it's (probably) a girl! My girls always seem to scare the gejeezits out of themselves when they finally get that first real, honest to goodness quack out, like it was the last thing they were expecting. (Of course, afterwards they never shut up lol!) And I've never heard any of my drakes do this. I'm not sure they're even physically capable of it. Maybe someone else on here knows for sure?

Too funny! I remember this "accidental" quack too. I actually got to witness this myself on one of our girls. Hubby and me got a huge laugh out of this because it scared us both and evidently it scared her too because she jumped and ran a little bit when it happened then looked at us like she was saying "what the heck was that" !!!!! rofl!

My pekin ducks where born on 2/20/16
None of them have curled feathers on their tails but all of they have low raspy quacks
I'm having trouble telling if they are male or female they are also being raised in a coop with 31 chickens ,,,, I was just wondering if I should wait till they get older and see which one will lay eggs and which ones will not
I have more pics if anyone can help me figure the sex out

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom